HOW TO DEEP CLEAN YOUR MAKEUP BRUSHES... THE EASY WAY.

Friday, May 15, 2015


One of the most important things to do when handling your makeup brushes is making sure you regularly wash them in order to prevent the bacteria from your face to fester in the brush when you don't use it. If you don't wash your brushes, then all of the bacteria from the brush will go on your face the next time you apply your makeup. Now I don't know about you all, but I hate getting spots and breaking out. So in order to avoid that, I make sure that my makeup brushes are clean enough to use.


  1. Gather all of your dirty brushes and get ready to start scrubbing!
  2. Dampen all of your brushes with warm water.
  3. Use any cleaning product that you prefer. I used my hand soap since it does leave my brushes feeling softer and since it is an antibacterial, it kills all the germs and bacteria.
  4. Lather the soap into the brushes and swirl it into your hands to deep clean it and remove excess product.
  5. You can squeeze it and place it under running water to wash the soap and the excess makeup that was on the brush.
  6. You could repeat the steps if you're brushes still look dirty,
  7. Let your brushes air dry and admire their cleanliness!

Now, I did need to also wash my blending sponge. The process is very similar when washing your sponge. The only difference is that you continuously squeeze the soap into the sponge, so that it could penetrate and wash out the excess makeup hiding inside the sponge. You'll be amazed at how much dirt gets washed out!

I love this technique since this is the easiest and fastest way to wash my makeup brushes and sponges.I would love to know how you all wash your brushes since everyone has their own ways of doing things. Please leave a comment down below for me!
Thanks for reading! Love you lots!
-xo 



No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!