FIRST IMPRESSIONS REVIEW: RIMMEL LONDON PROVOCALIPS 16HR KISSPROOF LIP COLOUR

Tuesday, May 19, 2015


Hello everyone!
I stopped by at the drugstore a few days ago and I decided to get myself the lip stain that Rimmel came out with. I actually didn't know Rimmel sold these. My friend, Humi, told me about it and so I decided to try it out. I've seen reviews about it and so I was excited to see whether it was good or not. 
All of the shades that this particular lip stain has are all beautiful! However, I only got 3 just so that I could see if they were worth the hype.

The 3 colours I got do look quite similar through the pictures but they are all different from each other.
SWATCHES OF THE THREE SHADES

The first shade I tried on is in the shade 550 and it's called Play With Fire. This is the first shade I picked up due to my obsession with red lips. I love all lip products that are red and so when I tried it on I knew that this was my favourite!

The second shade is 750 and it's called Heartbreaker. This shade is a beautiful rose pink shade and it is very subtle.

The last shade I tried on is in the shade 730 and it's called Make Your Move. This is a very bright pink shade and it would look great on those who are fair skinned. I don't think I could pull this shade off!

For all of those who are thinking of buying this product, this lip stain is hard to wipe off! I had to scrub my lips when I was taking them off with my makeup remover wipes. Although, it does stay on for a long time! I can eat, drink and it will not budge! Two things I don't like about it is its applicator and the sticky feeling it has without the lip balm.
I wish the applicator was more precise because it was struggle to apply this nicely. Secondly, this does come with a lip balm at the end but, I don't like glossy finishes. I prefer matte lip stains and this lip stain cannot go without a lip balm. My lips felt sticky when I only applied the lip stain. However, after applying the lip balm, the sticky feeling subsided and I was left with a glossy finish.
All in all, I was impressed with this product since it is a great inexpensive lip stain.
I hope you all enjoyed reading my post.
I can't wait to read your comments soon.
Love you lots!
-xo
.

8 comments:

  1. yaay you finally tried it!! I had seen some other people also complain about the stickiness, anyways glad you liked it somehow, cant wait to try it :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its a great product! I cant wait to see you try them! 😍😍
      -xxx
      Amaal

      Delete
  2. The colors you chose are gorgeous! I've been wanting to go pick a few up myself!

    Priyanka | http://glamourandgiggles19.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah you should! They have much better shades as well!
      -xo
      Amaal

      Delete
  3. Love the look of the red on you, so pretty! I have Play with Fire and it definitely lasts for ages on the lips, I use my waterproof eye makeup remover on a cotton pad to take it off! Great review lovely, x Krista

    I'd love it if you'd check out my blog if you have the time! Fellow Canadian blogger :) xo
    www.lovekrista.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Krista! Thanks for commenting and for the tip as well! I'll definitely check your blog out!
      -xo
      Amaal

      Delete
  4. Great post, the 750 colour really suits you xx

    www.raachmariebeauty.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Raach! Thanks so much!
    -xo
    Amaal

    ReplyDelete